Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Born-Free-3-2

More from the show. As said before, I didn't have enough time to see all the bikes, take photos, or inspect their details , as I'd liked to.

1947 Knucklehead with lots of nickel plating built by Dave Polgreen was another Builders Invite award winner. Love those wheels. Paint by Harpoon.


Robert Hernandez's long bike. I think it won best in that class. Class was judged by long time long bike expert Sugar Bear.


Levi Louie's Loose Goose. Built it in 69. He's now offering Dick Allen styled forks. This is the bike that was in my first "Ladies Like'm Long" post. Unlike most, he made the back bone one piece from the seat post to the neck.


Mike Davis brought out his own Knuckle Project. Mike has a nack for putting just the right parts together.


A very clean and nicely done Panhead out amongst the sea of bikes. Bobber?... I still say it's an early style chop.


I remember seeing this 70's style Sporty in flat black at the Jan. 2010 Long Beach Swap Meet. Click HERE to see it then. At that time, I had no idea it was a work in progress.

I judged the Bobber class and chose Hogan's '47 Knucklehead as it was obvious that he took great effort to make it authentic. The white and blue pan behind it also belongs to him. His buddy, the notorious Doc. Sprocket rode his Sportster down from Sacramento to Hogan's place in Socal and then accompanied him on the Bob Job to Born-Free. I later found out it won the same class at the David Mann Chopper Fest.


The proud owner, stopped by my booth to say thanks and farewell.

More to come.

0 comments: